Location: Strategic Ascent, 14701 Saint Mary's Lane, Suite 125 (Ashford 5) Houston, Texas 77079
Bring your lunch! Park in the parking garage - not in the reserved spaces.
TOPIC: Globalization brings about significant international competitive advantages. And a diverse workforce can yield a significant competitive edge by employing new ideas and communication skills. It can also bring about a diversity of thought that results in better business practices and relationships.
But what if your global organization shows signs of cultural dysfunction? Would you spot them?
What if you, as the Global Talent Leader--
- Are seeing intercultural insensitivity in the communications going across your desk and by (God forbid!) in internal emails.
- See a video of one of the key leaders that speak negatively about certain cultures, races, sexes or even other international offices of your organization
- Work with managers who are challenged with managing different types of employees of the above mentioned categories in a culturally sensitive and professional manner
- Hear employees criticize and belittle those in other groups, or other countries and say that this is the source of the poor growth making internal competition worse than external competition
You know that it is affecting performance, but you are not sure what to do it about it.
At this event, we will:
1. Discuss what Organizational Culture is and Edgard Schein’s three levels of Organization Culture: Artifacts, Values, and Assumptions
2. Learn about Cultural “Dysfunction” and when it becomes a Barrier to Change, A Competitive Disadvantage or a Barrier to Personal Fulfillment and Performance
3. Learn about PrimeFocus™ that was developed by Primeast’s own Clive Wilson
4. Use the PrimeFocus™ model to begin creating a Cultural “Wellness”
During the session, we will use the PrimeFocus model to explore your own culture and discover where you feel there may be gaps and opportunities for improvement.
ATD Competency Model - Area of Expertise This Session Supports:
Performance Improvement, Coaching, Change Management
Speaker: Tina M Breslin is the North America General Manager at Primeast, LLC. As General Manager of Primeast LLC in North America, Tina is focused on building new relationships in complex, highly matrixed industries worldwide. Tina is known for her passion and eagerness to learn and to inspire others to learn as well! Her consulting expertise and enthusiasm brings a fresh outlook to organizational change and desired business outcomes. Her goal is to help you succeed in the understanding, needs assessment and successful implementation of your company’s vision and purpose delivered in engaging learning methods.