|Rice University - Rice|Business
Lecturer in Communication (11/16/17)
How to Apply: https://jobs.rice.edu/postings/12329
Lecturers in business communication at Rice Business instruct undergraduate, master’s level, and doctoral students on the theory and practice of strategic business communication. Topics taught include communication strategy and structure, oral presentations, business writing, interpersonal communication, conflict communication, crisis communication, intercultural communication, and other related topics.
Tokio Marine HCC
L&D Program Specialist / Instructional Designer (11/09/17)
How to Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JgblxBlS?idpartenaire=20230
Position Summary: Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 2,600 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for L&D Program Specialist / Instructional Designer in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
Under general supervision, creates learning content and supports the delivery of Learning & Development programs. Dedicates time to instructional design of content (classroom, virtual classroom and computer-based e-learning) as well as to coordination and support of program delivery. TMHCC Title: L&D Program Design Specialist
Relying on experience and judgement, the Learning & Development Program Specialist & Designer is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature
- Improve the knowledge and skills of our talent by carefully gathering business training requirements, analyzing gaps, and developing content with specified behavioral outcomes and measureable results.
- Creation of curriculum for training programs may include presentation slide decks, templates, job aides, process flows, and web site content, as appropriate to the business need.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of training based on objectives, expected outcomes, and ROI.
- Work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, global project teams in design and development of programs; facilitate and track team progress according to project schedules; participate in the selection of vendors and curriculum.
- Refresh and maintain current learning management systems (LMS) content, which includes customizing purchased content with our branding and policies. Convert internal content to training courses according to business requirements.
- Collaborate and develop marketing communications that support training created.
- Deliver virtual instructor led training as needed.
Learning Programs Coordination and Support
- Plan and coordinate high-visibility training events across multiple regions, which include leadership conferences, monthly online trainings, and ongoing reinforcement assignments through multiple training modalities.
- Serve in a producer role for live webinars by coordinating with outside consultants, securing classroom facilities and meals, and supporting interactive learning during these sessions.
- Daily review of learning and development help request tickets and resolution of technical issues or escalation to the next level or outside vendors as appropriate.
- Managing the compliance training calendar, which includes partnering with different functions in the selection and roll-out of courses.
- Create communications for all levels and maintain content on internal employee web sites hosted on SharePoint.
- Analyze trends in utilization and effectiveness for various reports. Create PowerPoint presentations on those trends.
- Serve as a team member for cross-functional projects.
- Perform relevant support and administrative duties.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Organizational Development, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) designation helpful, but not required
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in a fast-paced learning design environment.
- Proficiency in the full spectrum of asynchronous development, i.e. audio, video, and e-learning with business requirements gathering and analysis
- Program event planning and coordination experience required
- Experience administering content and user enrollment in learning management systems, (e.g., Inspired LMS and Cornerstone)
- Proficiency with learning content development and management applications (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience with Internet page design helpful
- In depth knowledge of ADDIE / SAM instructional systems design
- Proficiency in storyboarding, recording and editing
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May require travel outside normal work location
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. Tokio Marine HCC and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.