Thank you for your interest in finding a new career through ATD and ATD Houston.
Please click here to access the ATD Job Bank.
San Jacinto College
Job Title: Training Coordinator, Student Services (Grant Position) - Central Campus
How to apply: https://www.click2apply.net/ljrqbJHbBQXzcREbtJJMX
Essential Job Functions:
· Design, develop and execute training programs aimed at supporting the deployment of the new advising model.
· Design, develop and execute training programs aimed at optimizing the use of new and existing software solutions in student services.
· Consult with Student Services, IT, and instructional leaders to assess training and development needs of employees. Create an annual division training plan for student services.
· Create targeted learning\r\ncurriculum based on select competencies for employee roles, jobs and job\r\nfamilies.
· Coordinate all logistics for weekly training including sending out meeting invites, booking campus locations and rooms, arranging for technology needs, room set-up, and finalizing the schedule/agenda for each training session.
· Collaborate with institutional departments to schedule program updates, information, and tours. Identify and create a database of subject matter experts for training topics.
· Stay current in new institutional programs, procedures, and policies to ensure that topics are incorporated into Friday training.
· Identify and design new online training modules to ensure that employees have ongoing access to materials and information. Continuously maintain online training modules as needed.
· Manage and maintain a system to track attendance and completion of learning outcomes.
· Develop, administer, and analyze needs through surveys and interviews with staff and administrators.
· Establish and maintain an online training document repository.
Additional Job Functions:
· Consult with Student Services leaders to plan, implement, and evaluate the programs and services on the campus that support the accomplishments of the College's annual goals and objectives.
· Represent San Jacinto College with outside educational institutions, internal departments, and professional organizations.
· Serve on campus College committees as requested.
· Research emerging trends in higher education and student services and recommend professional development opportunities as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge,\r\nSkills, and Abilities:
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts.
· Proven ability to engage a diverse group of learners Experience assessing, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating training and development programs for employees
· Must possess personal PC computer literacy and good organizational skills General knowledge of instructional design concepts and best practices.
· Strategic\r\n thinking and ability to manage projects in cross-functional teams.
· Ability to use creativity and innovation to implement training options
· Ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously and to develop and complete new projects and programs with little supervision
· Ability to organize and implement change
· Ability to analyze and evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of training programs
· Ability to generate and identify opportunities to improve present programs and/or operations
· Sound working knowledge of computing systems and software including student database systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and training development systems
· Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university required.
· Master's degree in student personnel or related discipline from a regionally accredited college/university.
· Minimum of three years successful professional experience in student services, human resources, industrial psychology, instructional design, organizational development, or closely related experience.
· Three years of experience in developing and delivering training.
· Knowledge of SJC organizational practices
· One year of software system configuration or implementation.
· Experience with e-learning software such as\r\nArticulate, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.
· Experience in a community college setting in areas related to student services or training
· Proficient in Banner and/or other student data management software
Salary Grade: 23 Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule Requisition Number: req2737 Posting Close Date: 11/2/2020
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
ATD Houston provides a job posting service to businesses seeking individuals in the training and/or curriculum design field. The fee to post a job for 60 days is $50 for active ATD Houston members, and $75 for non-members. Click here to pay for job posting and fill put the form. Jobs will be processed/posted within 2-3 business days after payment is received.
Terms for Advertising