Please note: NEW location - Microsoft Store- Baybrook Mall
500 Baybrook Mall, Friendswood, Texas 77546
Topic: In today’s world, a company grows through innovation. A company's business models such as its product lines, shared services, human resource, and information technology work together to innovate and deliver on the goals and strategy of the company. However, as the world becomes increasingly global, how does a company innovate and communicate effectively without high spending on travel? Startup coach, process improvement expert, and author Heather Gillbanks will address this question and others connected to the importance of Working and Collaborating Virtually In Today's World.
In this presentation, participants will:
- Learn how to build teams when influencers are not all in the same room.
- Learn best practices and commonly used tools for virtual collaboration.
- Learn how innovation works in a global environment.
After attending the presentation, participants will be knowledgeable of:
- The challenges and opportunities experienced in collaboration and innovation.
- How collaboration and innovation influences function, location, and gender.
- Why talent and development leaders must care and implement proficient collaboration and innovation processes for the success of the company and its challenge of managing resources globally.
ATD Competency Model - Area of Expertise This Session Supports: Knowledge Management, Change Management
Speaker: Heather Gillbanks is currently the Customer Experience Manager for GE Power. Heather is based in Houston Texas. Heather is a coach of Start-ups, a published technical author in collaboration technologies, a recipient of the GE Chairman’s Leadership Award, and a co-founding member of General Electric’s IT Corporate Audit Staff. Heather has a broad background, including two decades leading large-scale implementations (much of that time supporting Shared Services such as HR across a variety of industries), Sales, & Process Improvement/ Quality (Six Sigma & Lean). In addition, Heather has led some of the largest process improvement and team combination/ synergy projects ever undertaken by GE. Heather has a verifiable reputation as a driver of positive change in diverse organizations ranging from Fortune 10 to boutique firms in the services, manufacturing and financial sectors.