Gamification for Talent Development - Deconstructing the Psychology of Games to Entice, Engage, and Encourage Learners
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension into the corporate training programs you design or deliver? What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and easter eggs to drive participation, engagement, retention, and to achieve a measurable ROI?
This hands-on, LIVE playshop takes you through the 5-step process of gamifying a training program. You’ll learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objec-ves and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable – so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements (points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and game mechanics (chance, competion, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, atractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
Speaker: Jonathan Peters, PhD, is the Chief Motivation Officer at Sententia. He has spent over a decade studying the science and art of motivation and persuasion. As a speaker, he has helped audiences from Melbourne, Australia to Augusta, Maine more effectively communicate with their customers and teammembers.
With Sententia, he applies his knowledge and experience to make learning more enticing, engaging, and encouraging through gamification.
Jonathan is also an adjunct professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, though he calls Austin, Texas home.
Address ( print map with directions)
New Horizons CLC Houston (Located in the same complex at the Decorative Center Houston)
5120 Woodway Dr., Suite 200
Houston, TX 77056
Best parking is in the surface lot behind the ExxonMobil station. Facility is on the second floor of the courtyard next to the parking lot.
We are located at the intersection of Sage and Woodway Dr. in the Galleria area, headed away from 610 on Woodway Dr. At the light make a right onto Sage Rd, and then another immediate right into the Decorative Center Houston (DCH) surface parking lot. We are located on the second floor of the court yard area on the right hand side, in the suite closest to the building. The stairs are located on both sides of the first floor shops, hidden in the architecture.
Visitors can park in any spots without a ‘RESERVED’ sign on them. They have open spots on every floor of the garage and outside the lobby of the building (there is also a valet service here)
Food (menu attached)
The onsite café has good food but a small kitchen so please plan to place your order with the café at least 30 mins prior to the start of the session.