Title: Speed Through Stress
Description: Relax! This presentation will not be about the importance of exercising more or eating less! Everyone already knows that. But what you might not know, that could literally save your life, is how to:
- Recognize your stress quicker and move through it faster,
- How to Speed Through Stress in 5 Steps in 15 Seconds.
Educational psychologist and award-winning author, trainer and speaker, Rob Pennington, Ph.D., has received the highest trainer evaluations from ExxonMobil employees for his multi-day program Successfully Managing The Stress of Change, every year for 33 years. Shot in the center of his chest by an unknown assailant, fired, divorced and depressed, self-employed in a highly competitive business, remarried with two teenaged step daughters and a wife diagnosed with a catastrophic illness who passed away in his arms after a 30 year love affair, Rob knows stress.
- In this entertaining, insightful introduction, he shares the following techniques he uses everyday to speed through stress:
- Recognize the Automatic Stress Reaction© faster,
- Move quicker to the more proactive Stress Management Response©,
- Understand how stress and change are related, and,
- Practice a simple technique to lower a racing heart rate
Target Audience: Beginner
ATD Competency Model - Area of Expertise This Session Supports: Coaching
Speaker: Resource International co-founder, Dr. Rob Pennington, is an educational psychologist who specializes in helping executives improve team performance through a balance of authority and collaboration. Trained through the National Training Laboratory (NTL) in organizational development in the early 70's and a former faculty member of three universities: the University of Houston, Main Campus and Clear Lake, and Sam Houston State University, Dr. Pennington travels extensively consulting with corporations and government agencies undergoing massive change.