Thank you for being a member of the ATD Houston community of like-minded talent development professionals. Whether you are new to talent development or have been in the industry for years, our ATD Houston chapter is a valuable resource for professional development and networking. Our promise to you is to work hard to provide valuable content, resources and networking for you. Please let us know what you need to achieve your talent development potential in 2020. You can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or any board member – see https://tdhouston.org/BOD for their specific email addresses. We’ll do what we can to accommodate your needs!
We have big plans for 2020 and hope that you will continue to be part of our network! We will continue to have monthly meetings, webinars and conferences. Look to our website and/or social media platforms for updates.
The ATD Houston vision is “Inspiring talent development professionals to achieve their full potential.” In 2019, we made great strides towards fulfilling this vision. Here are some of our accomplishments over this past year:
- Engaged the community through networking events and workshops.
- We held 65 events including webinars, general meetings, geographic interest groups (GIGs), special interest groups (SIGs) and workshops. There were 612 registrations for these events including out-of-town guests.
- We also had two major conferences with a total of 256 attendees.
- Held the first annual Pinnacle Awards
- Houston Metro, MD Anderson Cancer Center - Leadership Institute, Plains All American and TechnipFMC were recognized for their achievements in Talent Development
- Strategic Ascent received the Community Service award!
- Exceeded the ATD national chapter requirements!
- The chapter achieved 100% Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE) and Membership Super Star Status! This recognition means our chapter met all 18 elements of CARE in 2018.
- The chapter won a Power Membership Award based on its achievement of high levels of joint membership as reported in Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE). With a joint membership of 57 percent, our chapter was awarded second place in the large size category with a $3,000 prize!
- Participated in community projects
- In May, we participated in the Walk to Cure Arthritis raising $1,146.00 for the cause!
ATD Houston President 2020